Friday, April 22, 2011

Wacom tablets

On some rather expensive whim, I bought a Wacom Bamboo Pen, which is a pen-based mouse input tablet that is useful for drawing using programs like Gimp, Inkscape, Photoshop, and CorelDraw.

The linux driver project seems to be in an in-between stage as it is being updated for newer xorg versions, but thanks to this article I was able to install it。.

However, there has been a slight change: xf86-input-wacom is unavailable, and
all I could get was wacom-dkms. Luckily, xf86-input-wacom can be built from source and I got it and compiled it directly from the linux-wacom project site as per the instructions here: http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/linuxwacom/index.php?title=Building_the_driver


I then proceeded to activate my Wacom Bamboo pen tablet in Gimp, which is done quite easily by just going into Edit->Preferences->Input Devices->Configure Extended Input Devices . Once in there, you can select all the Wacom options and change them from "disabled" to "screen".

With my newly pen enabled Gimp install, I made a logo for the blog.Enjoy the eggy goodness!

Good luck to all linux pen tablet users!
卵の画像おくれて有り難うございます、google画像検索!

No comments:

Post a Comment